I'm digging this new hack. Life is big and heavy - especially NOW - but we can find the time and energy for micro-misadventures. Even me (drugged up on hormones and oral chemo).
What's a micro-misadventure?
Five to thirty minutes of delicious mischievousness that has the following qualities:
- You're quite interested and engaged to do this (hardest part for me).
- High potential that things will go way wrong. In other words, this is not something you already know how to do and do every day.
- It's a new or slightly new. Some aspect of this action is unknown to you.
Here's a brainstorm of potential MMs - these are my ideas, your results will vary. The point is to be deliberate and to seek at least one MM each day. Start with right now.
- Play You Tube Yoga Class Russian Roulette - search for 30-minute ______ (chair, standing, dancing, crazy) yoga class and select the fifth one you find.
- Paint something in the house a bright color.
- Try something (legal) that is known to have psychoactive properties.
- Sit outside, select a bird that's making some noise, and practice mimicking it's call.
- Go live on Facebook right now and talk about something that is fascinating you at the moment. Invite input or support.
- Offer to do something new for someone that you've never done before. Like cutting their hair, sewing a shirt, making a happy hour cocktail with different ingredients than you've used before.
- Bake something for you've never baked before (basically anything).
- Die your hair a weird color.
- Re-plant a plant so that it is happier.
- Take a ten minute walk and photograph everything _______(round, blue, spiky, gorgeous). Post on Instagram; explain your selections.
What do you think? Make your list and use it to have micro-misadventures throughout the week. Report back!